Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Changes

So, I think I got it all figured out.

But every time I start to tell folks my plans, I get that subtle sideways look that I recognize oh-so-well.  Comes with being a snarky girl.  That looks says "Yeah, have fun with that.  See you back in this exact place next year"

I'm getting kind of scared.  

OK, yes, I am planning on moving out of state with my new boyfriend.  Yes, it is exactly the sort of thing I mock when I hear other people are doing.  But I gotta go before I get stuck here for the rest of my life.

We're not moving until April.  Half of me is scared how soon that is.  The other half is scared how far away that is.

BTW - he passed the parent test and all my friends who have met him like him.  

Maybe I just need to bury my head in the sand and push through the next 6 months.

5 comments:

Rebecca is Fabulous said...

I think that, yeah, it is scary. but as someone who A) moved to alaska on her own at 21, b) had a child not once, but TWICE with C) a man she had known only a short time...I say the best things in life are the scary ones, and you will never know how wonderful life will be unless you jump.

Blaze said...

What's life without a little risk? You know you have support if you need to change plans later. We all love you. Just enjoy the ride! :)(Parents liked him? Tell me more...)

Authentically me! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Authentically me! said...

Change of ANY sort requires courage! YOU ROCK! It will be an adventure....and AK is not going anywhere! BTW...nice use of the word "snarky"

BESIDES...so what if you come back in a year?? You will have had a year full of different experieneces. WOOHOO

Apollo said...

Congrats my dear! I am awful proud of you.