Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One of those times you wish you had a man around

Just got out of a nice relaxing post-work shower to find a FUCKING HUGE SPIDER right next the the door of the bathroom.

I have never ever been okay with spiders.  Not even a little bit.  Not the ones in the cages at the pet store, not in pictures, not on TV, not even terribly fond of Charlotte and her Web.

It's been a bad summer for spiders.  I was in my friend's bathroom, doing my business and one crawled over my leg to say what's up - I responded with girlish screams and its immanent death.  I had one attach itself to my glasses which caused me to hurl them across the room with a force I would have thought twice about if I had realized it was attached to my glasses.  And last weekend I was taking a nap and rubbed an itch on my face - only to pull away a mangled corpse of a good sized spider, which has left me squeemish about the feeling of bugs in my sinuses for a couple days.

This doesn't seem to happen to other people.  It's like folks who are allergic to cats - they know, and will follow that person around mercilessly.

So folks who see me later today, I'm not usually this crazy looking.  I had to blow dry my hair in my living room with no mirror ... because of the spider.

Okay

Maybe a little crazy.

1 comment:

Bonz said...

man you should see the spiders we get in our house. Unlike your pussy-ass spiders, ours are poisonous and big and scary. I only got over my fear of spiders after holding multiple tarantulas at the pet store. They're still creepy as fuck though